Friday 29 April 2011

Mitsuike Park

In my last post I said that Mitsuike Park was my pick for a great place to see cherry blossoms. But I didn't post any pictures of it. So here are some pictures of Mitsuike Park in cherry blossom time.








The picture full of people having hanami was taken on a weekend; the others on a weekday.

I haven't been to this park in other seasons, but I'm sure it's beautiful year-round. My pictures have focused on the cherry trees, but there are lots of other flowers and trees and grassy areas.

Entrance to the park is free. There's not much by way of shops or cafes nearby or in the park (actually I didn't find any), though of course there are the usual drinks vending machines.

You can take a bus there from Tsurumi or Shin-Yokohama station - bus 104 and get off at stop Mitsuike Koen Kitamon (Mitsuike Park North Gate). If I recall correctly, the bus I took was from Tsurumi bound for Kawasaki, and it took about 15 minutes from Tsurumi. (Sorry; it's been a couple of years since I went there by bus.)

No comments:

Post a Comment