Thursday 2 June 2011

Random Pictures (6)


Wow. The Japanese diet is known for being quite healthy, while we Westerners are thought to enjoy junk food a little too much for our own good. But I have never seen such a gargantuan stack of calories in Australia.


This is a sculpture at the Sapporo Snow Festival. The character is called Marimokkori, and is a popular character from Hokkaido, also popular with children. I thought 'oh, I have a dirty mind, that creature looks like it's got a boner, ha ha of course that can't be the case'. No. It really does.


I saw this billboard while waiting for a train in Kikuna. And no, I don't know what it is, either.

[By the way, if you have been a regular reader of this blog, you may have noticed how rarely I have been posting lately. That's because I'm actually back in Australia at the moment - these last few posts were pre-written - and running out of things to say. If I ever go back to Japan, I'm sure I will post more actively again, but for now, this blog will be coming to a bit of a hiatus.]

4 comments:

  1. OMG, that Marimokkori is quite bizarre... like many others japanese characters xD And that colossal hamburger, I wouldn't mind to try it, but at the same time it causes me stomach ache ^^U

    Don't worry for the hiatus, I think it will be a good time to check your older posts. I hope you enjoy a good time in Australia, you're so lucky, the winter is almost there and I love it! ^^

    Bye!~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm - not sure about how wonderful Aussie winter's are (not looking forward to it here in Adelaide). Hope you're having fun back here however.

    Speaking of high calorie loads... have you seen the Lotteria's Tower Cheeseburger? (sorry for shameless promoting on your blog)

    Anyway... it's always been good to read your blog, so if you set up a new one, let us know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheers guys. Actually I really don't enjoy winter, but, well, shouganai ne. ^_^

    And that cheeseburger looks absolutely disgusting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Disgusting isn't the word... it should be a crime against humanity or something (if you check out the link to the youtube video in the comments section, you get to see how absolutely revolting the reality is).

    ReplyDelete