Wednesday 31 August 2011

Random Pictures (8)


If it is not immediately obvious, this is a piece of very freshly made senbei (rice cracker) with octopus in it. ('Oh, of course!') When I say it's 'freshly made', what I mean is that at this stall, the staff actually put the senbei mixture down, put a fat, juicy, fresh octopus tentacle on there, and then apply the equivalent of a vice to crush it into paper thinness! If you want to try this (it was pretty good!), they are specialties of Enoshima island.


I'm not sure if this thing is supposed to be cute or supposed to be nightmare fuel for young children. Either way, I'm about as close to it as I wanna be.


Sorry for the poor image quality on this one. Here are Street Fighter 'combination' meals. Get it? Combination? Ha ha ha. Sadly I had already eaten when I came upon this restaurant, so I will probably never get to eat the same beef fried rice that Cammy likes. ^_^

2 comments:

  1. That orange... thing looks like Zippy gone wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha ha ha... it's one of the mascot characters of the Kawasaki LeFront department store. (Yes, the department store has more than one mascot character. Of course!)

    Oh, and FYI, it's not clear from the picture, but that thing was bigger than me.

    ReplyDelete