Sunday 19 July 2009

Fresh and Delicious

A new cafe/diner has opened in Sakuragicho, right outside the station. Its name is Bubby's Pies. This is a great place (I recommend their whisky apple pie ^_^) and fills a gap in the market. There really wasn't any nice cafe or restaurant right near the station; it's the only non-Starbucks within a mile to sell decent, reasonably priced cappuccinos, and it has outdoor seating.

(Though lately it seems like it's windy every weekend. The weather would be perfect for sitting outdoors, except that it'd whisk your paper cup right off the table.)

The restaurant is decorated with a real American, 'mom's home cooking' vibe, all very homey, and lots of English signage. The menu included good ol'-fashioned home cookin', like Michigan sour cherry pie and chicken pot pie. Even on a Monday, the cafe was quite busy, with lots of housewives and old people.

So when I was sitting down, I got quite a shock to look up and see the big sign:
FUCKIN FRESH AND DELICIOUS

At first I thought I hadn't read it correctly, but no. It definitely said Fuckin Fresh and Delicious.

What the?!!

I wished there were another foreigner in that cafe so I could share the joke, but there were only Japanese people. Welcome to our family restaurant.

No comments:

Post a Comment