Monday 24 January 2011

Muji

It took me forever to remember the name of this store: 無印良品, or 'Mujirushi Ryouhin'. You can recognise the four kanji in crimson on a white background. It's a popular lifestyle store. Muji sells a variety of products such as clothes, food, decorations, furniture, and various household items.

I call it the Store of Beige, because when you go there, absolutely everything is in varying shades of brown, beige and grey. Have a look at their online store if you don't believe me. ^_^

Everything is quite mass-produced and basic and functional. It's like IKEA, only more beige. ^_^

3 comments:

  1. There are Muji stores in this country. I don't know if they carry the full range, but I've certainly seen Muji clothes shops here. My brother and his partner shop at Muji sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really? I didn't know that. The clothes you can get from Muji in Japan seem to me quite Japanese (lots of baggy tunics and so on), so I wonder if the kind of stuff they sell is the same?

    ReplyDelete