Monday 10 January 2011

Wigs

Another post about accessories. ^_^ I had vaguely noticed that some accessory shops sold a variety of wigs, most of them with varying shades of brown or black hair. I was curious about the market for these, so I asked my students.

One girl thought they were for junior high school students. She said that the students probably had to have normal black hair for school, but some might have brown, dyed hair. In that case, they could wear the wigs to school and escape censure. (Obviously my student did not express this in these words. ^^;)

Another thought they would be useful for job hunting. Again, job hunting requires a fairly strict adherence to a certain look - in which dyed hair has no part - so students could wear a black wig to hide their dyed hair while going job hunting.

I'm sure some of the wigs I've seen in shops haven't been black though.

1 comment:

  1. Avoid a visit to Ashley & Martin, mayhaps?... perhaps not. I know my wife had a few wigs when she was younger, but wore them as different hair styles (for fun). Or if she needed something more formal (straighter hair)... though they were always brown. I've never seen her with black hair (can't imagine it either).

    ReplyDelete