Sunday 30 August 2009

Election day

Today is an election day in Japan, and thank goodness for that. What this means for me personally is that I may be able to walk down the street without some obnoxious truck blasting political rhetoric from megaphones. They really are a pain in the ass. It may be immature of me, but I always make a point of ostentatiously putting my fingers in my ears and glaring at the offending truck.

If it's not trucks, it's people standing around outside department stores and train stations, again with megaphone, trying to hand out fliers. Congratulations, you have just made everyone hate you instantly.

Unlike Australia, voting is optional here. As far as I can tell, only one person I know will be voting. Everyone else has expressed a resounding lack of interest in or enthusiasm for any political party.

No comments:

Post a Comment