Tuesday 25 August 2009

Vile Kit Kats

You can get regular Kit Kats here, but they also have these seasonal monstrosities.

Sakura-flavoured Kit Kats. They are supposed to taste like cherry blossoms, but really just taste like chemicals. Even my friend, who loves offal and natto and chicken cartilage, couldn't eat one. HORRIBLE.

So, if you didn't know, Japan is big on seasonal things. Often, these are obviously linked to the seasons themselves - in spring, everything is cherry blossom-flavoured, and there are cherry blossom decorations everywhere. Sometimes, they are just 'short time only' meal deals and menu items.

I've seen this trend with cream puffs. I am very fond of Beard Papa's cream puffs, which smell marvellous, and which I buy every couple of weeks. Every month or so they seem to have a new specialty; we progressed from strawberry, to cherry, to matcha, mango yoghurt, to some other yoghurt, to melon cream. In my opinion, they should have stuck with strawberry, because none of the others have come close.

Anyway, as for Kit Kats... I stopped trying the new flavours because they are uniformly disastrous. But today I saw one that made me laugh: 'sports drink flavoured Kit Kat'.

Sports drink flavoured?!!!! Does anyone buy sports drinks because they really really love the flavour? To me, that is not at all a selling point!

No comments:

Post a Comment